Oksana Savitska is a vocalist and bandura instrumentalist (mezzo-soprano).
She was born in Lviv, Ukraine. Her first serious step towards the career of a professional artist was studying at Stanislav Lyudkevych Lviv Musical College at the Folk Department (bandura class). After the third year of college, she entered Mykola Lysenko Lviv National Music Academy, where she was one of the best students of Prof. V.Herasymenko. For excellent study and concert activities she was granted a scholarship from the President of Ukraine.
In 1995, she became a Laureate of the International Folk Instruments Performers Competition(Ukraine).
In 1998, she became a soloist- instrumentalist in Lviv National Philharmonic, where she has created multi-genre programs. The repertoire of the artist is extremely diverse: works accompanied by a quartet, by the orchestra of folk instruments, bandura and Pan flute. Oksana performs classical works in Italian, French, German, Spanish and above all she loves Ukrainian folk songs, duma (Ukrainian epic songs), ancient and modern romances.
In 2007, she became the winner of the I All-Ukrainian competition Traditions of Kholm and Podlasie Lands (Ukraine).
Her extraordinary talent as bandura performer was recognized by the membership in the National Association of Kobzars of Ukraine.
She has participated in prestigious international festivals:
– II Bandura Music Festival (Przemyśl, Poland, 1996)
– I International Festival of Folk Music (San Remo, Italy, 1998)
– “West-East” (Zielona Góra, Poland, 2000)
– “Virtuosos” (Lviv, Ukraine, 2006)
– Retro Song Festival named after B.Veselovsky (Lviv, Ukraine, 2006)
– Kobzar Art Festival named after Y.Singalevych (Lviv, Ukraine, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2019)
– International Folk Music Festival (Langolen, UK, 2006)
– XIX International Festival of Contemporary Music “Contrasts”
(Lviv, Ukraine, 2013)
– “Night in Lviv” (Lviv, Ukraine, 2013, 2019)
– VI International Festival “Music in Old Lviv” (Lviv, Ukraine, 2019)
In 2010, the artist was noted in the international program “Art Olympus” (Kyiv), where Ukrainian famous personalities in the field of culture and art are presented.
In 2019, Oksana Savitska was awarded the medal “For the Revival of Ukraine” by the unit of military chaplains (Kyiv)
The artist is greeted with pleasure on the world stages. She represents Ukraine and her native culture in Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, (former) Yugoslavia.